What is Arm Lift?
Now You Can Go Sleeveless With Confidence!
An arm lift Thailand or a brachioplasty is a surgical procedure that aims to smoothen the skin by trimming down excess skin and fat between the underarm and the elbow.
Now you can have a smoother, toner, and well-defined balanced skin!
The picture below shows a dangling, drooping or sagging skin of the upper arm - an inescapable outcome if you are to grow older.
An easy way to boost the strength of the underlying tissues, like muscle, is exercise but this cannot help in the shaping of inelastic skin and weakened tissues and localized fat deposits.
Who benefits from arm lift surgery?
Hanging, flabby arm skin folds, also known as bat wings, can cause a person to become self conscious and lose the ability wear tops with fitted sleeves, and contribute to discomfort caused by underarm skin rash and irritation.
By having an arm lift Thailand patients often enjoy the freedom of a lifestyle not previously available to them.
Is it right for me?
Before you decide to have an arm lift in Thailand, you should think carefully about your expectations as well as possible risks, and discuss them with your surgeon. The best candidates for an arm lift are those who are looking for improvement, not perfection, in the way they look.
While arm lifts are capable of producing dramatic results, they can't make you look like someone else, and the amount of change they can achieve in each unique individual is limited.
An arm lift Thailand is an excellent choice for you if you have at least one of the following conditions:
- Considerable drooping or sagging of upper arm skin.
- You do not smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
How do I prepare for an arm lift in Thailand?
Your surgeon, through our virtual consultation, will provide you with a list of instructions on what to do before your surgery.
These will cover such areas as smoking, medications, what to bring with you to the hospital and when to have your last meal before surgery.
It is of utmost importance that you follow these instructions, and the ones you will be given after your surgery. Your speedy recovery and health should be your number one priority.
You will have to strictly follow these instructions before your arm lift surgery.
These are as follows:
- For smokers: STOP smoking two weeks before surgery. You will need another two weeks after surgery to start smoking. Smoking increases the risks of complications. Chemicals present in smoke act as free radicals that interferes with the healing process. Prolonged healing may result in the formation of large, hideous scars. If your surgeon finds out that you are still smoking, he will not perform the surgery.
- Stop drinking alcoholic beverages a week before your surgery.
- The day before your surgery, do not drink alcohol and make sure you do not eat or drink anything at least six hours before your operation.
Arm Lift Risks
Complications of arm lift Thailand are infrequent and usually minor. Nevertheless, there is always a possibility of complications, including:
- Unfavorable scarring
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Fluid accumulation
- Anesthesia risks
- Poor wound healing
- Skin loss
- Blood clots
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
- Major wound separation
- Fatty tissue found deep in the skin might die (fat necrosis)
- Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and lungs
- Pain, which may persist
- Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
- Sutures may spontaneously surface through the skin, become visible or produce irritation that require removal
- Possibility of revisional surgery
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It is important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.
Arm Lift Thailand Procedure
- Your surgeon will mark the site where the incision will be made.
- General anesthesia will be administered
- Both limbs will be secured on tables or boards
- The surgeon will make an incision that goes from your arm pit (axilla) all the way down to your elbow
- All excess arm skin will be secured with clamps and then excised
- Stitches are applied to the incision which is subsequently covered in bandages
This procedure takes about 1-2 hours on average depending on the amount of tissue that has to be removed.
The amount and location of excess skin to be removed will dictate the length and pattern of incision. Incisions are generally made on the inside of the arm or on the back of the arm and may extend from the underarm (axilla) to just above the elbow. If fat is to be reduced during your arm lift Thailand, it will be excised or treated with liposuction.