Signs and Symptoms
The most common signs and symptoms of obstructive and central sleep apneas include:
- Too much sleepiness during the day.
- Loud snoring that is generally more prominent in obstructive sleep apnea.
- Periods of breathing cessation while sleeping observed by somebody else.
- Sudden awakenings combined with shortness of breath, which likely suggests central sleep apnea.
- Awakening with a dry mouth or sore throat.
- Morning headache
- Insomnia (difficulty staying asleep)
- Attention problems