What is this Procedure all about?
This is a non- invasive surgical procedure, using a combination of heat energy, the Monopolar Radiofrequency (RF) energy to stimulate collagen formation in deep tissue, and help tighten the skin, producing a smoother, younger look in just one treatment. Alternating pulses of heating and cooling make the procedure very refreshing and comfortable.
What are the remarkable features of this procedure?
- Single treatment, delivers results
- Non-invasive, clinically proven to be safe
- Minimal downtime, convenient for the patient
- The change produced is not obtained through creams or lotions
- Exact and effective treatment that can help decrease the signs of aging on the face and other areas of the body
- Can be performed even on patients with dark skin
- Starts with a cooling sensation on the skin on area treated, delivered by the dermatologist using a Therma tip
- The dermatologist applies heat energy (RF)
- Alternating pulses of hot (from RF) and cold (from the Therma Tip) are applied throughout the procedure.
- RF energy penetrates deep into the skin tissue, heating the treatment areas and stimulating the formation of collagen.
The duration of treatment will vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the area treated and its condition.
Compared to laser treatments which usually require 4 sessions or more, a single Thermage treatment is usually enough to achieve visible and effective results.
Contouring and tightening of treated areas will be noticeable 3-6 months after this procedure.
Because of the simplicity of this procedure, there is no need to mention about recovery time and follow-up care.
Instructions for Patients after going through the Thermage treatment:
Although this is a non-invasive and very safe procedure, because of the fact that patients differ in many ways and conditions may vary, it is noteworthy to mention some minor side effects that may include transient redness and swelling, and mild discomfort or itching during the procedure.
- Some transient and minor discomfort may be felt during and/or after the procedure such as slight redness or swelling, mild discomfort or itching, or some tightening on the treated area which usually disappears after a few hours.
- Patients may resume going about with regular activities.
- Patients may resume use of make-up if he/she so desires.
Effects of Thermage on specific areas of the body:
On the EYES, THERMAGE smoothens out sagging wrinkles and pockets of loose, sagging wrinkles, drooping eyelids, crow’s feet, and tightens areas around it
On the FACE, THERMAGE smoothens out sagging lines and wrinkles, lifts the skin especially at the jaw, lips, and neck, creating a more youthful look
On the BODY, THERMAGE firms up and smoothens abdominal skin, enhancing abdominal skin contours, and may reduce waist size in some patients, improve appearance of stretch marks, and tightens sagging skin.